Despite my recent diagnosis of a mild peanut allergy, I have been eating my weight in peanut butter #badassalert. Sure it messes with my stomach a
little lot, but it tantalizes my taste buds and cures my cravings like nothing else can. How can something so wrong feel so right?!?
If your love for peanut butter is as strong as mine, you have got to try this fudge.
On second thought, if your love is really as strong as mine, maybe you shouldn’t make it to save yourself from eating the entire batch in one sitting.
But on third thought, that really doesn’t sound that bad. ‘Cause YOLO.
Drake would definitely approve of you treating yourself in such a loving way. Peanut butter is one of life’s greatest gifts, after all.
If PB is not yo thang, feel free to sub any other nut, seed or other butter that your little heart desires (although results may vary). Cashew, coconut or sunflower butter would probably work pretty well. Almond butter or -even better- chocolate hazelnut butter (aka vegan Nutella) would also be amazing.
- 1.5 cups creamy peanut butter (or other “butter” of choice)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (like this one)
- 2 tbs. granulated stevia (or 1.25 tsp. liquid extract)
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 tbs. jelly of choice (I used this)
- Combine peanut butter and vegan butter in small saucepan (or double boiler)
- Melt on medium-high heat while stirring constantly
- Once full melted, reduce heat and stir in stevia and salt
- Line baking pan with wax/parchment paper and pour PB mixture into pan
- Shake it* a little to make sure it’s nice and even
- Put in the freezer for at least 2 hours
- Once frozen, spread with thin (or thick) layer of jelly
- Refreeze until ready to devour
FYI- If you’re trying to convince omni friends/family to join the vegan club, serve them this fudge.
They’ll be asking for another piece before you can say Daiya. Maybe.. just maybe.. it’ll be enough to prove to them that they can go sans animal products without giving up great flavor/texture.
*A lil throwback for you, feat. Miley’s big bro